Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Job seeker

Sometimes it is quite time-consuming to edit resumes to apply for multiple jobs. Because you want to impress the hiring manager, selecting proper terms (e.g. the term "IT", referring to information technology, is quite popular in Korea, not tech) is a crucial step to follow.

However, it is a good practice to see what I really like and don't. If you're applying for a job that you seriously like, you are willing to spend more time to make edits. Otherwise, you'll submit the application with no review.

Today I submitted an application to the company I have kept my eyes on. It took more than a day to confirm both resume and cover letter. What is more, I was even serious to send a work portfolio to prove my qualifications. That was the time I noticed how excited I was about the opportunity.

One of my professors from Emerson College told me job seeker is another type of part-time job: you spend days and days to search for jobs and re-write hundreds of applications. Your mailbox may be filled with unwelcoming emails from companies, but those are part of the journey to embrace.

Hard work will pay off. I am sure the day will come to shine.

No comments: